Bsides Update 3/13/2020
Greetings Bsides Seattle Community,
Message from Wham:
First off, this community is amazing. Thank you for the support in this extraordinary time. There have been many hard decisions made in the last 3 weeks and you’ve helped us greatly with your messages and reaching out.
As a community conference founder, one of my top priorities is the wellness of this community. Last year, it was the dangerous weather conditions that really worked out our BCDR muscles. Nothing quite like shifting an entire conference under a week before the event. Hindsight taught me it was the right decision, putting community safety first is always correct.
This year, we face something new, and we rise to the challenge with calm manner, intelligent assessment, and a healthy dose of hacker get-it-done attitude. We will get through this… and have yet another tale to share over our next beverage.
Please look below for information regarding the 2020 conference. If you have further questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org ( Response time will vary based on events). Thanks again all.
HackerHugs (Virtually from a minimum distance of 6 feet),
Bsides Seattle Founder
Bsides Seattle Information Update 3/13/2020
Date: Saturday, October 24th, 2020.
This is the only date we were able to secure with the Venue. There is a downside as it is the same day as Bsides Portland. Our Portland friends are amazing, and put on a great conference, and we always work to not overlap. This year will be the only year we do, and I am really saddened by it (Partially because I was attending!).
Location: Location has not changed.
If you have already secured a ticket for Bsides Seattle 2020, and are attending in October: no actions needed
If you have already secured a ticket for Bsides Seattle 2020, and are not attending in October: Please request a refund via your eventbrite ticket.
If you don’t have a ticket yet and want to attend in October, go here http://tickets.bsidesseattle.com/
Call for Papers:
We are working with our current speakers to confirm capabilities for the October date. Once complete, we will assess if an additional Call for Papers is warranted. Estimate further information by April.
If you have signed up to volunteer at the conference, confirm with the Volunteer coordinator your availability for October. We will assess needs and see if an additional call for volunteers is needed. Estimate further information by April.
We will be closing CTF registration temporarily while we work with our CTF team on next steps. Those who have already signed up will have their place honored in CTF line.
King County COVID Recommendations: ww.kingcounty.gov/covid/recommendations
If you have further questions, email email@example.com ( Response time will vary based on events).
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.